1998 Ski Nautique
- PCM 5.8L 240-HP Engine
- PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
- Ram-Lin D/A Trailer
- Boat Has Clean/Clear North Carolina Title
This 1998 Ski Nautique came from Indiana, where it was used hard before we acquired it. See the last three pictures for some BEFORE shots.
This boat underwent full restoration. The gelcoat was wet sanded, buffed, and polished, and it looks excellent! All factory decals and pinstripes are new and look great! The interior has been completely replaced with factory-style skins with the correct logos. The dashboard and gauges have been cleaned. The speedometer has been upgraded to a GPS AirGLIDE unit (this is cool because the gauge still looks and works like an original AirGuide, but its internals have been replaced so that it uses GPS to obtain its speed readings). The dashboard button panel and stereo panel were recreated using original-stule designs, but were manufactured so that they no longer use visible fasteners, and thus won't crack like the original panels. PerfectPass Stargazer 3-Event has been installed. The teak swim platform was also refinished.
This boat also had our Carpet to SeaDek conversion completed. This process involves removing the carpet from the floor, engine cover, and seat bases, spraying black gelcoat on the floor, finishing the gelcoat to an appropriate finish for application of SeaDek, and the installation of custom SeaDek panels.
This boat has a PCM 5.8L 240 HP engine, and it was completely freshened up by PCM. It was disassembled, painted, and the water pump, alternator, belts, hoses, etc. were all replaced. It also received a Chrome Kit, which was a period factory option.
A new dual-axle trailer was sourced from Ram-Lin for this boat.
I used this as my personal boat for several years, and then this vessel was purchased by a gentleman in Montana, and he had his shipper come pick it up from us. The boat is still being enjoyed by all.
- Remove windshield, disassemble, powdercoat windshield frame, reassemble
- Remove and powdercoat all other appropriate parts (vent covers, etc.)
- Remove interior panels, install new factory-style skins with proper logos and replace foam as-needed
- Carpet to SeaDek conversion
- Replace steering cable
- Replace throttle & transmission cables
- Replace battery cables
- Check underwater gear (rudder, shaft, strut, tracking fins, etc.) and adjust or replace as necessary
- Refinish original propeller with Nautique logos
- PCM handled the engine refurbishment on this engine.
- Thoroughly inspect exhaust system, including muffler and hoses, and check for exhaust riser leaks. (Muffler was repaired, and we replaced all exhaust hoses.)
- Remove dashboard, clean, and install AirGLIDE speedometer conversion
- Completely refinish gelcoat to the best level reasonably possible
- Refinish the teak swim platform
- Install all new factory-correct graphics, decals and pinstripes
- Reinstall interior panels, windshield, and other interior parts
- Final water test
The following options were installed at the time of restoration:
- PerfectPass Stargazer 3-Event
- Underwater Light
- Roswell Hidden Stereo (No Head Unit, Bluetooth Connectivity, LED Lights in Speakers)
- Bimini Top
- Custom Boat Cover
- PTM Edge Mirror