2003 Ski Nautique 196 Limited
- PCM 5.7L Excalibur 330 Engine
- PCM 1.23:1 Transmission
- 2003 Ram-Lin S/A Trailer
- Boat Has Clean/Clear North Carolina Title
Don't let the poor condition of the gelcoat on this boat fool you! This rare black Ski Nautique 196 has great potential! It came to us with severe gelcoat osmosis damage, which will require the complete replacement of the gelcoat from the white stripe down. The previous owner clearly stored this boat in the water for a LONG time.
The rest of the boat is in decent condition, and the restoration will be fairly straightforward. The most difficult part will be the gelcoat replacement.
This vessel is available for sale as-is, but it is on our schedule for restoration soon. If you are interested in purchasing it pre-restoration, please let us know!
- Remove windshield, disassemble, powdercoat windshield frame, reassemble
- Remove and powdercoat all other appropriate parts (vent covers, etc.)
- Remove interior panels, install new factory-style skins with proper logos and replace foam as-needed
- Check steering cable, and replace if necessary
- Check throttle and transmission cables, and replace if necessary
- Check battey cables and replace if necessary
- Check underwater gear (propeller, rudder, shaft, strut, tracking fins, etc.) and adjust or replace as necessary
- Thoroughly test engine and transmission, including compression test, oil change, transmission fluid change, spark plug replacement, belt replacement, impeller replacement, etc.
- Thoroughly inspect exhaust system, including muffler and hoses, and check for exhaust riser leaks.
- Remove dashboard, inspect and clean gauges, and replace if necessary. Since this is a gateway boat, we will test the gateway system, and install a gateway bypass (including all new gauges) if gateway issues are discovered.
- Address gelcoat issues. This will include complete gelcoat replacement on the bottom of the hull below the white stripe. The rest will be wet sanded, polished, and buffed to a high shine.
- Refresh composite swim platform. The old SANO pads will be removed, the platform will be wet sanded, polished, and buffed to a high shine. Seadek will be installed where the original SANO pads were.
- All new factory-correct graphics, decals and pinstripes will be installed.
- Clean original carpet, or replace if necessary
- Reinstall interior panels, windshield, and other interior parts
- Final water test and preparation for delivery
The following options are available at the request of the purchaser:
- PerfectPass Stargazer
- Roswell Hidden Stereo (No Head Unit, Bluetooth Connectivity, LED Lights in Speakers)
- Bimini Top
- Custom Boat Cover
- Underwater Light
- Engine Compartment Heater
- Replace Carpet with SeaDek
- Trailer Restoration
2003 Ski Nautique 196 Limited
We normally expect boats to be picked up at our facility in Mooresville, NC. We will gladly work with a shipping company that YOU hire to ship your boat, however it is your responsibility to ensure that the shipper is trustworthy, and that you are satisfied with the boat before it leaves our facility. We cannot be responsible for damage that occurs after boats leave our facility.